Saturday, October 11, 2008

Whoa my Woes

Computer woes are some of my least favorite woes. Like a woe could be better than another woe. I suppose there are levels of woes like levels of sins. hah. This makes no sense.

At any rate this poor little schmucky hard drive is starting to bite the dust.

My point is the I'm impatient. For some time my computer has been just the biggest pain in the ass. One minute it will be puttering along just fine and then the next moment it won't upload a photo, or let me edit a photo and photos are my THING for goodness sake. Or open a browser...or any number of things.

I went to the walk in center at my university...one of the perks of working there and they diagnosed this little POS in under 30 minutes. At least they got it back up and running but it's got bad sectors. While I don't exactly know what this means ...it sounds like trouble to me. Oh they explained it alright but like stats about football...it's nothing I care to actually KEEP in my brain and remember.

Thank goodness it's under a warrenty. I swear to Pete if I go into Staples and they tell me the warrenty expired like..um...yesterday or something I am going to lose it.

My goal is to have the hard drive replaced if possible and then teach myself photoshop. Yeah I know. I'm behind the times but I think amazing things will happen once I know how to use that little gem. I have a feeling (like other things) as soon as I figure it out...there will another whiz bang program that is even better...then I'll be five years behind on learning it also. Sigh.

Maybe I should make a goal to stay UP on all things photographic. HELLO.

Meanwhile I really miss posting on Flickr. Flickr rocks my world. As do my flickr peeps. There is nothing more fun than going in and seeing what my contacts are up to. The ideas I get from them are endless.

so I'll report back soon. Hopefully with a brand new Hard Drive baby!

No comments:

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.
You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.
Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!

Followers

You Are the Sense of Smell
You appreciate the smaller things in life that few people notice.
You notice subtle changes just as they happen.
You're the first one to know if the seasons are changing or if the cookies are done.

You love new environments, and you can recall all the places you've been.
You have a sharp memory, and you are often nostalgic for the past.
You enjoy traveling internationally. You have an easy time taking in a new place.