Monday, October 27, 2008

The new Dresser

Oh I am excited. You can be sure of that. Two weeks ago my mom and I took off for a jaunt to a flea market in a small neighboring town (about 20 miles away) and we were told the place was going out of business. Well. Well Then. When your in a junk shop and you hear something like this...it's like a dream come true for those of us who "junk" (action verb!)

So....I found this old style kind of shabby chic/retro vanity/dresser. Hard to describe (photo to follow soon) and it has this great big round mirror on it that is fantastic. It's not the most useful thing in the world but it has four drawers and it makes me happy EVERY time I look at it. It's so girlie. That's probably my favorite part about the whole thing. How very girlie it is! I can envision my granddaughters sitting at this vanity looking in the big mirror and powdering their faces.

My mom, who loves to buy for others, said...."do you really want that piece of furniture??? If so I'll get it for you for Christmas!" Mind you it's October...but I nodded yes smiling big. I knew it would make her feel better to do something for me now that I'm in my new place. She keeps asking me what I need. I can never think of anything. (besides wanting someone to crap out about a million dollars for me but I don't think my mom ...or anyone else for that matter....is gonna do that...LOL)


anyhow....so this past weekend my very wonderful friends Jason and Christina went to pick it up with me (they have a truck). I can't thank them enough because if not for them the thing would still be sitting 20 miles away.

I am just thankful. I am thankful that people care enough about me to help me and do things for me to make me happy. I will be happy about this for a long time to come. It's supurb for me. Totally.

My bonus was getting to spend time with Logan (Christina and Jason's son) and see his sweet little face. He melts my heart.

The next nice thing I can do for someone I'm doing it right away because being nice to others reaps great rewards.

No comments:

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.
You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.
Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!

Followers

You Are the Sense of Smell
You appreciate the smaller things in life that few people notice.
You notice subtle changes just as they happen.
You're the first one to know if the seasons are changing or if the cookies are done.

You love new environments, and you can recall all the places you've been.
You have a sharp memory, and you are often nostalgic for the past.
You enjoy traveling internationally. You have an easy time taking in a new place.